TAKING GOOD NEWS TO EVERY YOUNG PERSON IN NORTH BRECKLAND.
North Breckland YFC is a Christian youth work organisation based in the area North Breckland in the fine county of Norfolk. We cover Dereham as well as villages ranging from Barnham Broom to North Elmham.
Our youth work activities range from CUs to after school groups and even a radio project! If you would like to keep up to date with all the things that we are running then head back to the home page.
We’re always on the look out for new volunteers, so if you think that might be you then email Ang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims & Objectives of NBYFC
- To reach young people in the North Breckland area with the Gospel and demonstrate the love of God in all that we do.
- To disciple young people individually and in groups supporting them as they seek to live lives that reflect and honour God.
- To encourage young people to be attached to and active in the Body of Christ.
- To pioneer new ways of reaching and serving young people in towns and villages in the North Breckland area by establishing clubs, cafes, drop ins and detached work. Establish a youth forum to give the young people a voice.
- To partner with existing projects within the community to preach the Gospel through action and word giving them opportunities to respond to God. To establish Fusion Partnerships with local churches facilitating youth work in the area.To partner with parents and carers to help young people reach their full potential.
- To serve by helping to Equip and Release leaders to meet the objectives of the Charity by providing training opportunities and working on short term projects.
- To serve by running annual and other events that encourage unity in the Church and demonstrate to young people the way the Body of Christ comes together and worships God. To follow British Youth for Christ’s 4D Evangelism.
We employ a gifted team of youth workers, kids workers and also work alongside churches to gain Volunteers and Trustees. Below are the main team.
Paul is the new director for North Breckland Youth for Christ.
“I have been working as a youth worker for over 12 years with most of that being at Norwich Youth For Christ. I’m from a ‘little town’ called Luton and a passionate Luton Town F.C. fan. I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful daughters which keeps me busy most of the time. When I’m not with them or watching the mighty Hatters you can usually see me out and about on my motorcycle. I’m really looking forward to seeing what God will do in this new chapter at North Breckland Youth For Christ and I look forward to journeying together with him into the future.”
Ang is the finance and fund raising administrator for North Breckland Youth For Christ.
“I am in the privileged position of working in a great job with a super bunch of people for an amazing God. I have been involved in youth work for over 20 years, note the grey hair, and have been involved in YFC ever since I became a Christian….and I love it! I enjoy seeing young people explore their gifts, be equipped and released into their potential. I love sport, I enjoy reading books, and exploring. I am married to a very patient man called Trevor, have two children and a black dog called Bella.”
Daniel is a youth worker for North Breckland Youth For Christ.
“I started working for North Breckland Youth For Christ in September 2016 and have loved everyday since. It’s great to work with young people from so many villages and so many backgrounds. I have been a Christian virtually all my life and am married to a beautiful woman called Sophie. I love playing and making video games, I enjoy movies, comics and basically anything even slightly nerdy.”
Debs is a youth worker for North Breckland Youth For Christ
“I’ve been involved with NBYFC since they were first established, but recently I have increased my hours and am looking forward to getting more involved in the work. I love serving God in this way, and working with young people from all different backgrounds. I live locally with my husband, Nigel, 3 daughters and elderly dog Nanook. My youngest daughter is in primary school, the middle one is in High school and my eldest, is working. I’m excited to see what God has planned for me, the team and the young people of this area.”
We have a team of wonderful volunteers, if you would like to be one please visit the Volunteer page for more information!
You can contact these team members via our contact page.